Process Control Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is a known industry leader with roughly 200 facilities and 35,000 world-class employees who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo, and create value. We make products that are part of your everyday life. We are one of the world’s leading producers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products, and related chemicals. If you are self-driven with a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and product quality, we’re looking for people like you.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking motivated and inquisitive individuals to consider for our Process Control Engineer position located in Cedar Springs, GA.
Individuals in this space will rely on their technical and communication skills and must enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. The successful individual in this role is willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage subject matter experts and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Displaying knowledge of and ability to leverage experience in manufacturing processes to optimize performance; processes include paper machines, chemical recovery, chemical wood pulping, power and utilities, gauging systems, wastewater treatment and environmental controls
- Providing demonstrated leadership of the application of process control techniques
- Leading and working closely with mill and corporate personnel to identify opportunities and create value for stakeholders
- Supporting process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes
- Developing process control advancements that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency
- Supporting the growth of analytics and the collection of data, application of historian systems, and the application of systems to reduce process interventions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) or more years of experience with process support and optimization
- Experience in developing and implementing manufacturing improvement processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e. creating documents), Excel (i.e. creating spreadsheets, utilizing formulas, & extracting/analyzing large data sets), and Outlook (i.e. scheduling meeting invites & emailing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience supporting process control systems via local and remote networks
- Engineering and application experience with process control systems such as: Allen Bradley PLCs, Delta V, ABB 800 XA, Honeywell TDC 3000, and/or Experion DCS
- Experience with network technology
- Experience with Model adaptive predictive controls
- Experience with supporting process control systems in each area of a Pulp and Paper mill
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com