The Accountant role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. In order to be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate. In addition, this role may involve support of world-wide activities that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. The successful candidate in this role will have experience using Microsoft Office products, strong verbal & written communication skills, organizational skills, the ability to communicate issues and solutions and work with individuals at all levels of the business, be a team player, and be proactive with good problem-solving skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform various reconciliation activities and research associated with reconciling items (e.g. general ledger account reconciliations)
- Manage daily settlements with exchange clearing brokers through accounts receivable and or accounts payable processes
- Process journal entries and/or invoices timely, accurately and efficiently
- Actively report, monitor, and collect outstanding invoices by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Provide meaningful analysis to the business to improve business decision making
- Understand and drive upstream and downstream process transformations
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, both international and domestic
- Share knowledge across the business and adhere to Koch’s Market Based Management philosophy
- Exercise full compliance with Koch standards and constantly work to strengthen the control environment
- This role requires the ability to work minimal hours on rotating non-USD bank holidays to support daily margin settlements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a business-related degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Access/Power Point/ – spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis, formula creation, and queries, presentations)
- Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental accounting concepts and principles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with and/or ability to utilize business intelligence tools for data visualization and data mining/blending such as Alteryx, Power BI, Automation Anywhere, or other software
- Exposure to settlement, reconciliation, and/or exchange processes
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
- Corporate Accounting experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com