Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in Rome, GA. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
Relocation Assistance and Sign-On-Bonus offered!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Working any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Working a general shift of four (4) ten (10) hour shifts; two weekdays, Saturday and Sunday
- Adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with fabrication
- Associate’s degree or higher in an industrial electrical or industrial mechanical field
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf