Plywood Production Operator
"Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
At Georgia-Pacific, we don't believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Plywood Trainee at our Camden, TX mill. Plywood trainees must have the ability to work any shift (up to 12 hours), holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. Georgia-Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), accident and sickness, paid holidays and vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
NEW STARTING WAGE $16.50 PER HOUR
As a Plywood Trainee, you will learn to operate machinery within the plywood facility to expected production levels, maintain a safe and clean working environment, and work collaboratively to complete manufacturing goals. If you are motivated by working with your hands, learning new and exciting tasks, and working with teammates toward a common goal, this may be the job for you.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Helping to achieve the plywood productivity standards set for each day
- Keeping the facility clean by removing dust and debris from work areas
- Learning to safely operate plywood machinery
- Assisting crew members and working in a team environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated manufacturing plant environment
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Walking on an elevated catwalk over 15 feet high to perform daily duties
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months of previous work history
- Willing and able to meet the schedule, physical and safety requirements of the job.
What Will Put You Ahead
Two (2) years' experience or more in a manufacturing, military, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, or construction environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.Equal Opportunity Employer.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf