Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in West Fargo, ND. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, manufacturing of asphalt products, lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer-oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of asphalt products by truck and production of finished products to meet customer demands.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Technicians input computer data and are assigned duties through a work management system. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects. Duties may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, product production, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A valid driver's license
- Experience working with computers
- Willingness to work a flexible summer schedule as needed
- Ability to meet all physical requirements
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more operations/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- Experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- Mechanical, electrical, or process work experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf