Koch Separation Solutions is seeking a Sr Buyer/Planner to join their Wilmington, MA facility.
Koch Separation Solutions is a part of Koch Industries, one of the world's largest privately held companies with over 130,000 employees world wide.
For more than five decades, Koch Separation Solutions, Inc. (KSS), has led the way in developing innovative membrane technologies that serve a diverse range of industries and applications around the globe. KSS provides comprehensive separation solutions to many markets, including municipal, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, life sciences and industrial processes. focused on helping thousands of its customers to recover high value products, reduce their water footprint, increase productivity, and reduce costs. KSS is headquartered in Wilmington, Massachusetts, a suburb north of Boston but has employees located worldwide.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Globally plan and source raw materials, commodities, machinery and services with the best total cost, quality, and delivery performance for assigned manufacturing area.
- Establish effective relationships with equipment suppliers to ensure the best delivery and prices for requested items.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to implement "best in class" material safety stock, First-In-First-Out system, VMI programs to reduce inventory costs and optimize delivery performance.
- Optimize the use of information systems and technology for tracking, analysis, reporting, administration, and communication between KMS and suppliers.
- Participate in improving the material supply chain by developing expectations for the suppliers, creating continuous improvement initiative's, monitoring and holding the suppliers accountable and improving the quality dialog with suppliers in leading to lower total cost.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience in a buyer/planner role
- Previous knowledge and experience with ERP systems
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 10+ years experience in a buyer role
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf