Flint Hills Resources is actively seeking an Accounting Associate to work in our Wichita, KS headquarters in our Accounts Payable department. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals with innovative ideas; an intense desire to learn, improve and grow; and a strong sense of community. Flint Hills Resources needs principled individuals of exceptional talent to fill these positions. Our Market Based Management business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded.
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while still maintaining strong customer services skills and a strong attention to detail. We are looking for a candidate with good analytical and communication skills who is comfortable working with invoice automation technology and processes. Success in this role could lead to a larger role within the Accounting organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Efficiently and accurately process high volumes of invoices in newly implemented OCR technology
- Providing AP support to internal & external customers
- Reviewing invoices entered for accuracy using risk-based analysis
- Vendor research and reconciliations
- Document imaging
- Verbal & written Communication with vendors
- Working in a team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Candidate must have the ability to work overtime.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or related Accounting function experience
- If pursuing a degree, At least 1 year of experience processing accounting transactions in a computerized environment (AP, AR or GL)
- Customer service experience
- At least 1 year of experience with account reconciliations and research
- At least 1 year of experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Experience with regulatory requirements such as 1099's and other tax reporting
- Experience using 10-key data entry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf