Area Operations Manager
As part of our rapid transformation INVISTA is seeking an Area Operations Manager at our Victoria, TX plant to join our industry leading team. The Area Operations Manager will be a member of the Victoria Production Leadership Team (PLT).
At INVISTA we believe that our Operations Culture will be our competitive advantage and are looking for individuals that are passionate about driving this culture.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
What You Will Do In Your Role
Culture Development and Vision:
- Creating a shared vision environment that drives the Operations Vision and a culture of Principled Entrepreneurs with a contribution mindset.
- Accountable for cultural development of team to advance the understanding and practice of MBM®
- Transform shift capabilities to drive the Operations Vision by understanding the teams’ innate abilities to enhance Self-Actualization
- Drive Shift Runs the Shift ownership of all aspects of the teams’ results – EHS, Innovation, and Plant Operating Cost.
- Lead the team in the development of key measures that demonstrate progress towards the Operations Vision.
- Develop a well-rounded team that capitalizes on individuals’ innate abilities to create an environment of Transformation and Self-Actualization
Process Safety & EHS Performance:
- Drive industry leading safety and environmental performance at the Victoria, TX site.
- Lead the team in active ownership of all elements of PSM.
- Ensure Compliance with regulator requirement by building the decision making capability of the shift team through development of knowledge and tools.
- Drive EH&S and Reliability performance improvement through disciplined application of the Incident Reporting and Investigation Process.
Production Performance, Reliability, and Operating Cost:
- Connect the shift team to the economics of their units and how they impact our market competitiveness, recognize all types of resources consumed, and are focused on using fewer of them.
- Work collaboratively with other leaders to develop, prioritize and execute strategies that improve the sites competitiveness in the aspects of Plant Operating Cost, Volume, and Yield by utilizing the Agile and Lean processes and leveraging capabilities of the shift team.
- Create the environment where there is pull from the shift team to implement digital technologies that disrupt the way traditional manufacturing is done in-order to create superior long-term value for the organization.
- Responsible for plant operations including identification of opportunities, development and implementation of response plans, and communication to leadership.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of 2 years of leadership experience within the chemical / oil & gas industry OR a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience within the chemical / oil & gas industry
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Required to wear any or all the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, Nomex, gloves, and safety boots
- Climbs stairs, ladders on columns, ladders, scaffolds as needed
- Must be willing to work a highly flexible schedule
- Responsible for a shift vs working on a shift
- Flexible working hours to accommodate the needs of the shift team
- Shared responsibility among (4) Area Operations Managers
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf