Our team at Phillips Medisize New Richmond location is growing and we are adding an Operations Manager to our team! We are seeking a collaborative individual with a passion for leadership. This position will provide leadership and guidance for our manufacturing organization focused on effective operational planning/execution, resource management, continuous improvement strategies, and fostering a culture consistent with the company’s guiding principles. If you are seeking a new challenge with a dynamic team, check out our open role!
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to achieve desired results by influencing peer groups within the facility
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide direction and leadership to Molding and Assembly operations including people management as follows: managing performance; addressing disciplinary issues; hiring; assisting people with career development; communicating information to direct reports, passing information up the management chain and fostering open communication; ensuring team is aligned with and accomplishing goals/objectives; administrative processing; and, maintaining trust and confidentiality while fostering a team environment
- Develop organizational leadership and support structures and effectively communicate expectations and priorities.
- Forecast capital expenditures for improvement, replacement, or modification to production equipment and facilities
- Lead and Coach teams to drive a high-performance culture that accommodates rapid and dynamic growth and results in Operational Excellence and high employee engagement.
- Ensure effective and successful transfer of new Medical Assembly products in to manufacturing in conjunction with Pre-Production - efficient and cost-effective capacity ramping and scaling to commercialization
- Consistently monitor machinery, processes, and work cell layouts in order to recommend improvements that yield increases in profit and quality levels and decreases in potential safety hazards
- Proactively forecast direct labor requirements and develop creative solutions to achieve capacities along with industry-leading flexibility
- Incorporate appropriate levels of compliance performance monitoring and a reporting system around compliance and discipline.
- Ensure production planning is carried out to most efficiently use existing resources
- Provide work direction and support for Production Engineering Resources
- Function as a customer contact on quality and delivery issues outside the routine scope of the customer service reps
- Ensure cGMP is followed and provide necessary training
- Maintain focus on good GMP
- Ensure focus on inventory management
- Support production quality goals
- Adhere to and support requirements for clean room manufacturing
- Help promote overall efficient operational environment
- Participate in the business planning process
- Provides overall facility leadership in the absence of the Plant Manager
- Actively participate in continual improvement/innovation, corrective action and internal/external customer satisfaction
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors’ degree OR 3+ years of equivalent manufacturing experience
- Experience leading a team (directly or indirectly)
- Experience in a medium to high volume production environment
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Practical application of Operational Excellence principles
- Experience with manufacturing using robotics and/or automated systems
- Experience in FDA registered medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge of Thermoplastic and/or LSR molding technologies
- SPC knowledge
- Cost accounting knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf