Process Control Systems Engineer
Do you like variety in your work assignments? Are you an ardent learner who’s always looking to improve? Do you find joy in automating simple and mundane to complex and interesting systems? Do you maintain a personal home IT or Automation Lab for fun? Does creative flexibility in user interface design interest you?
Flint Hills Resources is looking for a full-time Process Control Systems Engineer with the desire to fulfill all those interests by joining our ICE Engineering Team in our Wichita, KS headquarters.
When Flint Hills Resources’ operations teams have a question or a problem, they reach out to the ICE Engineering Team. We are a team of Instrumentation, Controls, and Electrical Engineers that develop solutions and provide support to resolve problems. We help people as quickly as possible, and we’re proud to stand behind our service and the value we provide to our customers to keep our many crude, refined products, asphalt, chemical, and fertilizer assets spanning the Midwest running optimally, from cradle to grave.
Our vision is to provide essential products that improve people’s lives by innovating and transforming ourselves to consistently provide the right products, at the right place and time, in the right way. Our customers are our friends, and we live by our MBM Principles to ensure their success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Analyzing and figuring out the system needs of the organization
- Configuring servers, installing software and databases to support our applications
- Keeping systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs
- Installing hardware and software in support of our Process Control Networks
- Planning a strategy to maintain system security on the computers and the network as a whole
- Optimizing and evaluating the system regularly
- Assigning and updating security permissions for the system
- Training and directing users on the correct use of software and hardware within the system
- Performing problem-solving tasks when alerted by a user or monitoring system
- Communicating and collaborating with our IT and OT groups for needs in support of our capability
SCADA Engineering & Development:
- Analyzing, developing, and training users on standards and best practices for use of an enterprise SCADA (Supervisor Control and Data Acquisition) system
- Working closely with our customers and engineering teams to develop requirements and solutions
- Planning and executing graphical and database modifications
- Build tools and processes to standardize or simplify day to day work and improve consistency
- Integrating process control equipment with other process and business systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience doing systems administration, SCADA engineering, or SCADA development
- The ability to travel up to 25% per year
- Ability to be a member of our 24/7 on-call rotation (~5 weeks each year, training provided)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with DTN Guardian3 Host systems
- Experience working with Inductive Automation Ignition SCADA system
- Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Previous experience in SQL database systems (Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, MSSQL)
- The ability to develop scripts for automation (Batch, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Bash)
- An understanding of application security using industry standard solutions (Active Directory, Federated Identity)
- Experience working on PLC systems and programming languages (Schneider Electric Modicon, Allen Bradley)
- Understanding of Process Control communication systems (Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP)
- Experience in the oil and gas industry with pipelines and terminal systems, equipment, and facilities
- Experience with network topologies and communication interfaces
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf