WAREHOUSE PRODUCTION LEADER
The warehouse production leader is responsible for strategic and operational leadership in providing ‘materials, equipment and supplies’ to the PineBend refinery by directing receiving, warehousing and distribution services and supervising warehouse staff.
Based in Wichita, Kansas, Flint Hills Resources is an independent company and wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest private companies in America. According to Forbes magazine, the estimated annual revenues of Koch Industries, Inc. are as high as $100 billion. The company traditionally reinvests 90 percent of earnings back into its businesses ranging from transportation fuels, fertilizers, process and pollution control equipment and technologies, minerals, energy, ranching and more. Building on 60 years of refining and manufacturing experience, we are an industry leader at reducing air emissions. But that is just part of the story. At every turn, we are pursuing new ways to increase safety and eliminate waste. For two years in a row, the Environmental Protection Agency has named Koch Industries the number one U.S.-based parent company in pollution prevention initiatives
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Complies with Federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements.
- Responsible for safe operations to protect warehouse staff and customers, including security.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with inventory system.
- Analysis of inventory data and communication with asset owners to maintain an efficient level of inventory with correct reorder quantities
- Supervises and maintains efficient warehouse labor by mentoring, coaching, directing, motivating, and finding employees comparative advantages and using that in job assignments.
- Controls reorder process to ensure daily orders are generating correct reorder quantities in timely fashion.
- Maintains a clean and efficient warehouse area by promoting good housekeeping habits among the staff.
- Familiar with Lean concepts and 5S auditing.
- Oversight of Project/Turnaround warehousing
- Works with leaders/different sites/vendors to reduce material handling time (streamline)
- Works with vendors and purchasing to initiate vendor agreements on just in time delivery and vendor owned/stored equipment/materials.
- Transform storage options and find new and better ways to obtain/store inventory to promote proper maintenance/storage of spare equipment
- Transform the warehouse work process to take advantage of modern technology that saves time and capital.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years minimum in a warehouse leader role
- Experience in using warehouse reports like turns and heat matrix to adjust/eliminate part quantities to meet business needs
- High School graduate or equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technology (RFID implementation, GPS tracking, automated storage/retrieval, etc)
- Vendor relationship type storage
- Just in time or vendor supplied inventory experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf