Senior Global Gas Middle Office Analyst
Koch Minerals & Trading companies offer global coverage and world-class market knowledge in diverse commodities – both in their physical and paper form. These companies are backed by worldwide capabilities and Koch Resources, LLC’s strong credit rating. KM&T companies have a unique analysis and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace.
The Global Gas business within KM&T specializes in trading LNG, Natural Gas, Power and Renewables. Primarily trading from London and Geneva, this role provides the incumbent with a unique opportunity to join this dynamic and ever-changing business.
The role will work closely with the European Power, Nat Gas & LNG traders and fellow CFO team members. The incumbent will play an active finance role within Koch Minerals & Trading by working closely with the Front office team to support existing business and new potential initiatives. The position will require a strong hands-on focus on commercial aspects of the business seeking to optimize and enhance economic returns whilst also overseeing, optimizing and enhancing the team’s daily activities. The position will provide the individual with an opportunity to grow within the organization through developing / providing robust and insightful P&L & Operations analysis and decision support material combined with driving/enhancing efficiencies in existing processes within the group.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- P&L & Operations Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee reporting of independent P&L & exposure daily whilst challenging traders on their own assessments
- Oversee development of reporting tools including PL attribution, Scheduling exposures etc for the group
- Develop insightful and value-added analysis for commercial and senior management decision making & reporting
- Drive improvement and automation of existing processes
- Control Environment
- Design, improve and monitor robust control processes, workflows, and checks
- Assist with reconciliation of month-end general ledger P&L to trading risk system P&L
- Approve month end balance sheet/inventory reconciliations and business costings
- Oversee preparation of blotters for complex transactions
- Ensuring compliance with control policies and trading standards including development and management of key business metrics
- Business Development and Improvements
- Embrace new innovations and technology to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Generate ideas / frame experiments for new organisational and commercial initiatives
- Partner the front office with the optimizing/enhancing of economic returns as well as focusing on position reporting, trade valuation, balance sheet & cost analysis and other ad hoc analytical requests
- Co-ordinating & supporting projects targeting business expansion into new structures, products, commodities or geographies or business improvements
- CXL expert user providing guidance on deal capture and modelling of complex transactions & formulas
- Working with the rest of the Global Gas support team with key focus on talent development
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering
- Significant experience in Global Gas markets, particularly European with a track record in enhancing, optimising and improving processes and returns
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for the role and the market
- Proactivity and a good leader
- Good interpersonal communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Coding ability/programming languages would be advantageous