Journeyman Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic
At Georgia-Pacific, we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance more than anything else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, we are currently seeking a Journeyman Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic, for our Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products Distribution Centers in Portland, OR.
If you are a self-motivated individual, who wants to use their skills and experience in a state-of-the-art facility, then this may be the job for you! Pay rate is $35.40 per hour and is eligible for overtime per collective bargaining agreement. In this role you will be working four (4)/10hr days which will include weekends, overtime, and holidays. You must be willing to join a Union and able to work outside in the elements and in high and/or confined spaces.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Welding, plumbing, lubricating, and performing general maintenance on all site equipment to include facilities equipment.
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with the facility’s preventative maintenance schedule while performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods such as lifting, walking, climbing and/or stooping.
- Reading technical drawings and manuals to include but not limited to; electrical diagrams for troubleshooting and technical manuals for Laser Guided Vehicles (LGV’s)
- Communicating with team members to understand and resolve equipment issues, identify opportunities for improvement and prioritize maintenance needs
- Utilizing computer to track and update maintenance requests
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- HS Diploma or GED
- Mechanical maintenance experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of experience as a journey level millwright in a production environment
Salary and Benefits are per collective bargaining agreement.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf