Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Environmental Specialist to support environmental programs in our Pennington, AL Paper Mill. The Environmental Specialist will work to enhance the Mills capability in the development and implementation of several environmental programs. The environmental programs include, but are not limited to Chemical Control, RICE MACT, LDAR (Leak Detection and Repair), Paper and Other Web Coating MACT, Construction Stormwater, DOT, Refringent Management Program (CFC/ODS).
Provide multimedia environmental support to the Georgia-Pacific Naheola paper mill’s environmental compliance programs. Create real value for the organization by ensuring compliance is maintained and risk is identified and mitigated. Drive Environmental excellence and performance improvement through efficient, effective, and sustainable management systems. This position reports to the Mill Environmental Manager.
The ideal candidate must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also be self-directed, lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate the chemical approval process for the facility including assisting operations with submittals, updating chemical approval database, and ensuring timely approvals
- Plan and lead assessments of all environmental compliance programs to identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Lead compliance with requirements of various environmental regulations, including RICE MACT, LDAR (Leak Detection and Repair), Paper and Other Web Coating MACT, Construction Stormwater, DOT, Refringent Management Program (CFC/ODS)
- Provide support for mill compliance inspections including field checks of continuous emissions monitors (CEM), ODS, chemical audits, etc.
- Track the environmental department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and provide weekly/monthly reports
- Manage the facility’s environmental file system
- Manage mill- wide environmental compliance standards and training program
- Periodically rotate "on call" to provide environmental support to operations and review daily compliance status outside of regular business hours
- Proactively maintain knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local Environmental regulatory requirements affecting the facility
- This position requires your ability to work a rotational week-end duty, and, occasional weekends and holidays, if necessary.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor of Science degree Biology, Environmental Science, Chemistry or other related Engineering or Science
- One plus years of experience in an environmental field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in managing environmental issues in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of environmental regulations experience in interpretation and application to a manufacturing facility
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf