Electrical Maintenance Technician
Electrical Mechanical Technician
At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo. If you are a self-motivated individual with an electrical mechanical background, then we may have just the opportunity for you!
Our Georgia-Pacific Green Bay Day Street facility is searching for a Electrical Mechanical Technician to work a 12-hour swing shift in our Maintenance department. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and precision maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes. The successful applicant will support the Green Bay Day Street Facility’s maintenance efforts and strive to further a reliability vision of creating an environment where equipment operates as designed, runs predictably, and never fails.
This position offers a $2,000 sign on bonus eligible to external candidates after 90 days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot electrical systems that use up to 480-volt 3 phase voltage
- Use deductive reasoning to diagnose electrical and mechanical processes on converting, packaging, conveying, and palletizing equipment
- Diagnose problems with 3 phase electric motors and motor starters
- Diagnose hard wired control circuits, CAT III safety circuits, and Programable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Safely troubleshoot these circuits using various Ladder Logic Software, electrical schematics, and various test equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace mechanical equipment to include, but not limited to, Motors, Bearings, Pumps, Gearboxes, Conveyer components, Hydraulic components, Pneumatic components, and Belt drive systems
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participate in the safety program
- Support the Green Bay Day Streets facility’s maintenance efforts and strive to further a reliability vision of creating an environment where equipment operates as designed, runs predictably, and never fails
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Communicate with all levels of an organization via reports, email, verbally, and/or in small/large group or team environment
- Use comprehension reading skills with ability to understand and carry out complex written instructions
- Use basic hand tools and use precision maintenance techniques
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of three (3) years of industrial electrical/mechanical maintenance experience, including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment OR completion of OR working toward a technical degree or higher in the electro-mechanical or industrial maintenance field
- Experience working with electrical circuits, PLC’s, AC/DC variable drives, and servo drive controls
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in the paper industry
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing various types of industrial equipment
- Experience and understanding of precision maintenance practices
- Welding certification or experience
- Experience on various types of machining equipment
- Rigging certification or experience
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code and compliance to the code
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf