Start a new career with Georgia-Pacific, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Building Products and Consumer Products. We are hiring now for a Environmental Manager at our Las Vegas, Nevada facility. This role will be reporting to the site Environmental Leader and support the development, implementation, and management of the facility’s environmental compliance programs and systems. This position will assist in ensuring facility compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, including state and federal air regulations for air emissions, storm water, wastewater, and hazardous waste. The role will also help ensure that the site conforms to relative company policies and procedures, such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Performance Standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Environmental Technical Expert and GP Performance Standard Owner
- Manage compliance of federal (EPA) and state (NHDES) environmental program requirements, including but not limited to air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste, CERCLA/EPCRA, TSCA, and FCC.
- Support and implementation of the Corporate Environmental Management System (Critical Risk Management System), as well as integration of the environmental system into the plant’s overall Operational Excellence (OpEx) Plan
- Be knowledgeable in environmental regulations (federal, state and local) applicable to the facility and assess compliance, procedural and financial impacts to the facility
- Analyze incident and compliance trend data and work with operating departments to reduce risk
- Lead environmental incident investigations, mitigation, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Manage compliance calendar, coordinate activities and prepare/submit reporting to outside agencies on schedule
- Manage hazardous materials program and mitigate exposure to safety and environmental hazards and risks in the workplace
- Identify cost effective solutions for technical and regulatory environmental issues
- Train facility personnel with respect to environmental regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science
- Two (2) years or more of environmental compliance and management systems experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with an Air Permit program
- Experience conducting facility audits or inspections to identify improvement areas
- Experience in or basic understanding of project management skills
- Experience in understanding or ability to quickly understand emissions calculations
- Experience implementing key management systems/controls such as Permits, Plans, License & Registration, and Compliance Calendars
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf