Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in electric vehicles and renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team! As a member of the Sentient Energy product team, you will be the owner of our customer-facing technical documentations. You will work with our product and application teams to create new and revise existing documents as required by the product roadmap. If you are seeking an opportunity where you can use your technical skills, expertise, and passion in a team-based environment, we’d like to learn more about you.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work independently and with key product team members.
- Possess or develop excellent knowledge and good understanding of technical language.
- Draft and revise technical manuals by collaborating with key product team members.
- Accountable for being the Gate Keeper and managing the Technical Library content (evergreen process)
- Collaborate with product and application engineering team to help gather technical content to create customer facing white papers.
- Up to 10% travel as needed across Sentient Energy locations and customer sites
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of experience in editing and preparing technical documents
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Time management and project execution skills
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the specific area of Technical Writing along with familiarity with document authoring tools
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf