Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for an Environmental Leader at our Las Vegas, Nevada complex. The Environmental Leader creates long term value by ensuring risks are identified and mitigated while sustaining performance improvement and striving for environmental excellence. This is accomplished by providing environmental leadership and strategic direction to the facility leadership and team through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) and adherence to our Guiding Principles.
The Environmental Leader must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager of the Gypsum organization and supports three operational plants on site.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to achieve the environmental vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Lead and develop the site environmental team
- Ensuring that an Environmental Management System (EMS) is in place consistent with GP expectations
- Developing and maintaining an evergreen POV of environmental risks, priorities, key issues, and plans
- Systematically driving site environmental program to be more effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Overseeing evaluating, interpreting, and ensuring compliance with Environmental laws, regulations and permits as it relates to the operation of the facility
- Providing a stable foundation and solid understanding of the Georgia-Pacific environmental standards and all federal and state regulations
- Manage various permits and programs such as Stormwater, Air Permitting, Solid and Hazardous Waste, Drinking Water and Wastewater.
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs
- Facilitating and representing the facility during agency inspections
- Effectively interacting with internal/external environmental technical resources and Georgia-Pacific legal resources to seek the best knowledge
- Effectively collaborates with local and divisional management, public relations, technical subject matter experts and other capabilities on issues that affect the local community and external stakeholders.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science
- Five (5) years or more of environmental compliance, leadership, and management systems experience
- Experience in managing people or projects
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in an environmental leadership role managing compliance with laws and regulations in multiple environmental areas (water, air, waste, etc.)
- Experience in managing environmental issues in an industrial or manufacturing facility
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf