MONITORING AND ANALYTICS ENGINEER
Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Monitoring and Analytics Engineer to join our FHR Monitoring Capability to advance application of technology in the process and equipment heath monitoring space. This supports multiple sites and could be based out of Rosemount, MN or Corpus Christi TX. The FHR Monitoring Capability is a cross-site partnership with FHR’s operating facilities, providing collaboration and support across multiple disciplines of expertise to automatically detect process and equipment performance deviations in real time. The team applies an enterprise-wide, scalable approach to drive transformational improvement in business performance through enabling better decisions in how we operate and maintain our assets.
This role will work with internal customers in business, technical and operations teams applying engineering knowledge and data analytics to solve business problems and enable faster and better decisions through broader and deeper process and equipment analysis.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partnering with internal customers to understand business problems and apply engineering and analytical solutions and developing collaborative workflows that enable better/faster decisions
- Supporting anomaly detection monitoring efforts through creation and improvement of complex empirical and engineering models in partnership with technical SMEs and monitoring team
- Using tools like PI Asset Framework and PI Vision to develop monitoring tools
- Applying more complex analytical methods such as HYSYS, Advanced Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning and scripting (R, python) as needed to meet functional needs
- Supporting and training base organization and SMEs with analytical tools such as Pi Asset Framework, Seeq, HYSYS online
- Coordinating with 3rd party contractors through larger build-out and execution efforts
- Partnering with Data and Information Management and IT capabilities to refine analytical and data systems to meet expanding needs
- Screening detected process and equipment performance anomalies and communicating issues to sites
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) or more years’ process or reliability industry experience
- Experience working with refinery and/or petrochemical process and equipment technologies or equivalent
- Experience using industrial data systems such as OSI PI Suite, Lab Information Systems, etc.
- Engineering degree or ten (10) or more years’ process or reliability experience
- Ability to travel 10% - 20% to support multiple sites
What Will Put You Ahead
- Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience with statistics, analytical tools or coding languages: R, python, MATLAB
- Experience working in ambiguity and contribute to development of new workflows and systems
- Experience with agile project and experiment execution
- Leadership experience is a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf