Flint Hills Resources LLC is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to work closely with the Human Resources team on all matters relating to payroll processing, payroll audits, HR system changes and other HR/Payroll projects. This position works with sensitive employee data that requires a high degree of professionalism and discretion to protect the confidentiality of information.
This position is located in our Corpus Christi refinery.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepare timesheets for payroll processing for 500-600 employees on a weekly basis
- Oversee transactions for new hires and employee changes in our HRIS system with a high degree of quality and timely execution
- Provide excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Perform bi-monthly and quarterly audits of payroll and HR data
- Receive, acknowledge and respond to payroll inquiries from supervisors and employees as a payroll subject matter expert
- Create diverse reports through ad hoc reporting, analyzing and compiling the data for business owners using Power BI, Excel and other software
- Provides recommendations for process improvements and solutions to meet the needs of the business and customers
- Assist with orientation for new employees and supervisors regarding payroll activities
- Manage HR records with consideration to retention guidelines, auditing, privacy and confidentiality
- Experience handling projects from start to finish that require diligent attention to detail while ensuring accuracy
- Customer focus – ability to provide support to all levels of organization, respond to inquiries accurately and timely – meeting all compliance requirements and deadlines
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of payroll experience using an automated payroll/timekeeping system
- Technical knowledge of payroll principles
- Skilled in mathematics and/or accounting
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel and ad hoc reporting
- Able to handle sensitive & confidential employee information
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ year experience processing payroll or accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
- Payroll under a Union Contract with a shift work schedule
- Experience with Infor or a similar HRIS System
- Experience working with Kronos timekeeping system including maintaining and updating a timekeeping system
- Data analysis experience
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf