Complex Quality Manager
*This role is eligible for a 15k Sign-On Bonus*
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new $285 million state-of-the art gypsum mill in Sweetwater, TX with an anticipated start date of Fall, 2022. Once in operation, this location combined with the existing plant will produce more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Market Based Management culture.
Our facility in Sweetwater, TX is currently seeking a Complex Quality Manager to join our team! Complex Quality Managers ensure our product is up to the highest possible standards for the end user, seek out ways to improve our quality standards, and help educate others along the way. This could be a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implementing quality as a process. Ensuring testing methods, data collection and analysis, and solutions to quality issues are effective and sustainable.
- Developing and initiating standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Leading plant quality initiatives; influencing members of peer group and non-direct reporting functions.
- Designing and implementing quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigating and adjusting to customer complaints regarding quality. Providing technical assistance to customers with respect to quality issues and customer satisfaction opportunities. Communicating professionally with customers.
- Performing quality engineering reviews of documentation for conformance with stated requirements, including quality manuals, audits and plant quality records.
- Managing statistical analysis that identifies anomalies, recurring problems, and outliers, and creating processes/solutions to reduce these events.
- Driving Continuous Process Improvement activities, with the goal of profitably reducing meaningful variation, throughout the organization using statistical methodologies, and develop new and automated approaches to solving various quality issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in technical field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing, developing, or implementing quality processes in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Statistical Process Controls (SPC)
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, and other PC-based tracking and reporting applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of management experience in an industrial environment, developing manufacturing and quality processes
- Quality certification, such as CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)
- Six Sigma experience
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience in batch and continuous manufacturing
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf