Flint Hills Resources, LP is seeking a Laboratory Technician to work in our Asphalt Group in Rosemount, MN. We are looking for candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do. Candidates should be analytical and mechanically inclined and have a strong focus on Environmental, Health and Safety, as well as a strong commitment to compliance and integrity. Candidates must be able to travel to assist in satellite laboratories and make site visits to further their development and growth.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing a variety of laboratory test methods in an efficient and accurate manner
- Maintaining laboratory equipment health by performing calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair tasks
- Maintaining laboratory data within a LIMS database
- Monitoring laboratory data for trends and recommending action accordingly
- Effectively prioritizing workload
- Actively and effectively communicating with terminal personnel, the technical group and support staff
- Participating in various meetings with internal and external business partners while focusing on maintaining and developing relationships that create value
- Achieving satisfactory results in key metrics related to product quality, specification compliance, environmental, health and safety performance and production
- Driving improvements by profitably applying innovation
The Experience You Will Bring
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Mathematical competency of Algebra 1 or above
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to support the business needs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years laboratory experience (academic or industry)
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field such as Chemistry or Engineering, etc.
- Experience testing asphaltic material or similar materials
- Experience maintaining laboratory equipment health (calibration, preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, repair)
- Physical ability to frequently stand and balance.
- Physical ability to occasionally sit, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, bend and twist.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other danger
- Tolerance for petroleum and hydrocarbon odors
- Approximately 25% of time to support network of laboratories in upper Midwest
This role is not open to VISA sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf