Distribution Supervisor – Portland, OR
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Distribution Supervisor for our Portland, OR Distribution Centers. The Distribution Supervisor directs and manages all warehouse activities within the facility. The person in this position leads an hourly team of material handlers to perform the fast-paced work required in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company procedures and policies. This role is responsible for the coaching, evaluation, and development of their team. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific Northwest Service Centers operates three very large distribution centers in the Portland, Oregon area. We ship and receive approximately 95,000 trucks each year, carrying your favorite brands including Quilted Northern Bath Tissue, Brawny® Towels, Dixie plates, cups and bowls, as well as other items found in public establishments, including enMotion® towels and dispensers. The Service Centers are expanding and opening a new building, as well as implementing a new inventory management system. If you want to be a part of a business that is growing and innovating, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
A successful candidate will be self-driven with a passion for excellence in safety, leadership, and customer focus. Responsibilities will focus around safety, housekeeping, quality, and accuracy. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide vision and leadership to team members.
- Plan and direct all shipping and receiving, ensuring shipping schedules are met
- Ensure strict adherence to safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, provide training and facilitate team development.
- Manage continuous improvement opportunities and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure. Review and analyze trends for key performance measures.
- Coach, counsel and develop team members. Ensure timely feedback. Administer performance management.
- Allocate human resources to tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure team compliance with policies, procedures, compliance standards, regulatory requirements and the labor agreement.
- Ensure that quality and accuracy expectations are followed and met on daily basis.
- Knowledge of inventory control processes
- Strong problem solving/root-cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced distribution environment
- Strong sense of accountability
- Strong commitment to Compliance and defined procedure and policies
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills.
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) or more years of supervisory or lead experience within a distribution center, production, manufacturing or military environment.
- One (1) or more years of Logistics, Shipping or Warehouse Management experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in a business or other related discipline
- Experience with Warehouse and Labor management systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf