Engr, Project Sr
Responsible for the development of new and existing wire and cable products that meet or exceed customer expectations. Coordinating project transfers from design center in Massachusetts to volume manufacturing in Molex Guadalajara. Supports all projects in development, product testing, generates models, datasheets, engineering changes and other technical documents
What You Will Do In Your Role
- With some guidance from Engineering Manager, develop new product designs and manages product extensions.
- Ownership of critical path technology items – plans and oversees progress of projects against schedules.
- Develops process work instructions for extrusion, taping, cabling, & braiding cable manufacturing processes.
- Develops Solid and foam extrusion process design for polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC and other compounds.
- Tooling design and development for extrusion lines, braiders, tapers and cablers.
- Raw material evaluation and development.
- Work closing with design, quality and manufacturing to develop and execute DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and verification plans for new manufacturing processes in development.
- Support marketing/sales with product proposals, samples and technical literature.
- Participates in design review meetings.
- Provide technical direction for manufacturing processes when necessary for facility located in Guadalajara
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years design experience.
- Wire and cable experience
- CAD experience required.
- Demonstrate competency in ASME Y14.5 GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Demonstrated ability to arrive at sound design solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal teams and external customers.
- Good written and verbal skills for clear and concise communication.
- Good knowledge of materials used in the wire and cable manufacturing process
- Travel may be required.
What Will Put You Ahead