Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications as well as one of the world’s largest producers of automotive plastic trim products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian is a whole-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately owned businesses in the US.
What You Will Do In Your Role
We are seeking for a Database Engineer.
As a Database engineer you will share responsibility for our corporate Datawarehouse on Cloud and our corporate database servers (on-Prem & AWS) management, monitoring and support.
You will be proactive in maintaining systems to maximize service availability and provide a high standard of problem solving and decision making.
You will Manage database replication and maintain high availability between our multiple DB servers interactivities.
Work closely with Business Analyst and application administrator to ensure database integrity, security, availability, and performance.
Our ongoing business transformation will engage you on doing server consolidation but also server migration into AWS.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for multiple Database environments
- Define and ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled
- Provide support for large scale of database instances across production, UAT and QA environments
- Implement and maintain database backup and recovery, disaster recovery procedures
- Improve service availability and scalability through tuning, automation, tools, and process
- Manage database replication and maintain high availability
- Assist in solving technical and performance problems
- Must be a strong team player and able to work closely with the other technical specialists and team members
- Interacts with confidence and ease when interacting with middle- and senior-level managers
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with implementations, upgrades, conversions and consolidation projects with databases;
- Experience of database management and performance tuning
- Experience administering database;
- Strong command administering database security, data recovery, performance monitoring and tuning;
- Knowledge of MS SQL replication and always on features
- Knowledge of Microsoft Master Data Service
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements;
- Demonstrated experience leading individual projects, including scheduling
- Understanding of the concepts of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Database performance tuning, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Additional plus would be
- Postgres, Aurora, RDS on AWS, Kafka, Linux, Snowflake, Talend
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, agile team environment
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions and use good judgement