Power and Utilities Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer)
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia- Pacific is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for our Power and Utilities Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer) role at our Cedar Springs, GA mill. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of two multi-fuel boilers, two turbine generators, air, water, and electrical systems. This position will provide the necessary technical support to optimize the operation by working with operators, shift supervisors and the leadership team to improve efficiency and lower operating cost. This position will report to the Utilities Area Leader and coordinate closely with the asset availability leader and reliability/maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and effective spending. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market-Based Management®.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitating a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Working with front line supervisors to coach and develop employees
- Providing operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process of the area and facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Leading teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Developing and supporting the effective use of procedures to promote a safe and reliable operation
- Optimizing and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, maintenance and capital projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Five (5) or more years of experience working with power and/or recovery processes
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of experience with power processes
- Three (3) or more years of leadership and facilitator experience
- Experience with power and utilities operations
- Experience working with turbine generators
- Process control experience
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.