FORKLIFT OPERATOR A
Do you enjoy working in a team environment where the focus is safety? If you do, you might be Georgia-Pacific’s next Forklift Operator! Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire efficient and safety-focused Forklift Operators for our Fordyce OSB facility. Forklift Operators create value by facilitating the movement of product through the facility to ensure accurate and timely delivery of our products to both internal and external customers. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely operate of forklifts in a high traffic environment on any shift (on call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed)
- Conduct required pre-operating checks on forklift prior to use
- Transfer of finished product from warehouse floor to trucks and rail cars
- Inspection of loads and ensuring strict adherence to transportation guidelines for trucks and rail cars prior to leaving the facility (weights, positions, seals etc.)
- Monitor truck drivers to ensure all required safety precautions are followed prior to and during loading
- Meet visual quality standards through constant monitoring of product from finishing through shipment
- Ensure order accuracy for all rail and truckload shipments
- Assist finishing line with finished bundles when additional support is needed
- Ensure workplace safety through proper housekeeping in warehouse and other work areas
- Perform physically demanding tasks repetitively for extended periods of time (i.e. lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling) with or without reasonable accommodation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Possess a current forklift license
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using a forklift to load and unload trailers
- Experience using a computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf