Manufacturing Integration Engineer
The Molex CMS product team is seeking a Manufacturing Integration Engineer to develop and launch manufacturing processes for the large pipeline of new cables and connector products. The ideal candidate is a smart, quick, positive, and confident collaborator. As a Manufacturing Integration Engineer (MIE), you know the exhilaration that goes along with the first run-at-rate, and you know the pride of building a zero-defect process. You are a great performer. If you share our passion for creating value, if you are entrepreneurial and customer focused, we would like you to join our team.
This role and company offer the successful applicant the chance for a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and new ideas; rewards and recognition for great achievements; growth opportunities for career development; and flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work. You will work closely with our cross functional design team and other business partners that build our automotive electronic products. These parts are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, you will be responsible for setting the manufacturing strategy, designing the production processes, and managing our tooling and automation suppliers as they build and deliver our lines and tooling. The result of your effort will be the flawless launch of a robust manufacturing process capable of meeting our customers’ requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in DFA/DFM activities along with the cross functional team. Provide manufacturing plant’s feedback based on their lessons learned and continuous improvement efforts.
- Study the project scope and put together the manufacturing strategy that aligns with our vision and future product pipeline.
- Work with equipment vendors during equipment design, development, testing, and qualification. Collaborate & apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Actively contribute to equipment FAT and SAT runs.
- Participate in equipment design reviews. Solicit observations from operators and technicians.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; and estimating future requirements.
- Keep communication between the plant and the front office MIE and CFT teams up to date. Be a voice of the Business Unit in the plant and bring the plant’s feedback to the cross-functional team.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in the cable assembly manufacturing processes
- 3+ years of experience in various manufacturing assembly processes like soldering, welding, dispensing, and crimping
- 3+ years of working experience in manufacturing automation and assembly concept development
- Ability to understand customer technical needs, specifications and advanced automotive architecture and effectively provide solutions to both the customer and present these options to the Molex Business Unit
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including potential international travel
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of experience in automotive tier-1 cable assembly manufacturing process design and development
Molex is a leading global supplier of innovative electronic solutions that create value for our customers and society. We are committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, builds innovative automotive connectivity products and our manufacturing integration team develops the manufacturing processes that enable those solutions.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship