HR Business Partner
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at Georgia-Pacific’s containerboard facility mill in Cedar Springs, GA. The Cedar Springs Mill is critically important to GP’s containerboard business, and the HR Business Partner will have an opportunity to positively impact culture, the operation’s overall talent position to achieve business results, and HR transformation to a new service delivery model.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill is located in the southwest corner of Georgia approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
This position will require that you live in the local area and be open to relocating for future opportunities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes to include continued automation of transaction work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support business and advance results.
- Partner with various capabilities teams to improve our talent position – selection, attraction, and retention.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the Company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Foster healthy Union relations
- Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP and to discover untapped value and partner with other HR leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills to influence positive outcomes, supported by customer and peer feedback
- Strong individual willingness and capability to implement change. Effective results apparent in HR; manufacturing or commercial business efforts; and site or team-specific outcomes for key initiatives.
- Demonstrated positive relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders, leveraged capabilities, and peers across the organization
- Performance history of strong coaching skills, openly sharing knowledge, and flexibility
- Ability to effectively prioritize based on value, understanding of how/where HR Generalists can quickly impact team members positively
- Proven experience with HR related processes that might include – Talent mobility, selection, performance management, talent planning, etc.)
- Experience developing and aligning initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives
- Bachelor's degree OR 5+ years of demonstrated work history in related field/business.
- Experience supporting site leadership teams directly
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a supervisory role where you have developed HR teams and HR professionals
- Experience with data analytics; analyzing data, pulling reports, etc. to execute on opportunities
- Labor Relations experience (grievances, contract interpretation)
- Previous HR experience working within a unionized workforce.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf