When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Glass is seeking a Production Supervisor in Richburg, SC!
As a Production Supervisor, you will develop and improve manufacturing processes and best practices, and be accountable for achieving cost, schedule and productivity metrics by directing the work of the department. The position's primary responsibility is ensuring safety, culture and operational effectiveness using lean manufacturing tactics with a focus on production efficiency. It is an expectation of the Production Supervisor to develop and mentor all employees under their supervision.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Truly take personal ownership of safety
- Lead, track and improve performance on key department goals and objectives
- Develop crew members to improve individual and organizational performance
- Lead performance management and corrective action processes for assigned crew
- Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean manufacturing techniques, where it adds value
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Sales, Scheduling, Warehouse, Shipping, etc.), to optimize production requirements
- Work with upstream and downstream processes (and people), to exceed customer expectations
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a fast pace environment
- Willingness and ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- Proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience measuring and improving processes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in a 24/7/365 manufacturing facility
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf