Monitoring and Diagnostics Engineer (CSC)
We are looking to add Monitoring and Diagnostics Engineering professionals to our Collaboration and Support Center (CSC) team working in our Atlanta, GA facility. The primarily responsibility is supporting Manufacturing Operations via greater remote support. The CSC team will partner with operating facilities by providing collaboration and support across multi-disciplines of expertise (GP and Vendors) to achieve scalable problem solving across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team will be using the best available technology with an enterprise-wide approach and will be primarily focused in the areas of Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization.
Individuals in this space will need good technical skills, communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. This center will evolve and grow through time so the ability to be flexible and adapt as the CSC adapts to business needs will be a key capability. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. He / she must also be responsible and responsive to the needs of the.
We are seeking Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering Candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Drying Systems (papermaking, pulp drying, Yankee hoods)
- Pulping, power generation, or utilities
- Discrete or continuous manufacturing
What You Will Do In Your Role
The daily routine to support operating locations is listed below, and the expectation is that the CSC team members will work together to support operations and cover for one another when needed.
- Start each day by reviewing areas/assets of responsibility (25% of day) - Deviations, Trends, Potential Problems, Diagnose and notify appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) and the site
- Review Optimization Opportunities on areas/assets of responsibility - Pull SMEs, Vendors, Site into projects to optimize performance / cost / quality (25% of day)
- Work together as one CSC team (GP and Vendors) on chronic problems or large opportunities where the combined skills of the team can help to solve problems (50% of day)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 or more years of experience in facility operations within an industrial, manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Note etc.)
- Able to travel to sites to understand process - 20%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Process and/or reliability experience within an operations environment
- Data management experience using systems like PI, MatLab
- Experience with programming language such as Python
- Experience applying Process Control fundamentals such as DCS, PLC
- Mechanical or Electrical reliability experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf