Utilities Area Leader
***This position has a $25,000 Sign on Bonus & Includes Relocation Assistance***
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Utilities Area Leader at our Foley Cellulose facility located just South of Tallahassee and West of Gainesville, in Perry, FL. This person will manage our utilities department and will work closely with manufacturing engineers, maintenance planners, craftspeople, engineering managers, operations personnel, and contractors to create the greatest long-term value for GP.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership for the department to strive for excellence in safety and environmental compliance.
- Build and lead a strategy to optimize the current capability of the utilities department and track performance against capability
- Provide leadership to direct reports to facilitate the development of the knowledge and skills of operators to improve operational performance of the department and facility
- Continuously evaluate and identify constraints to eliminate quality and production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability, and yield to improve our relative competitive position
- Work to continuously identify and eliminate waste and non-value added costs in direct and indirect costs to improve the mill’s relative competitive position
- Manage chemical inventories with good communications to procurement and fiberline
- Coordinate with area maintenance leadership and area reliability leadership to ensure the strategic operating plan is being executed and reliability issues are being addressed efficiently and effectively
- Lead utilities team in building strategy for area outages and annual outages
- Collaborate with area maintenance leadership and area reliability leadership using root cause analysis tools to resolve reliability issues and operational issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or chemistry or higher
- Five years or more of experience working in a utilities department
- Experience leading a team and being responsible and accountable for team results
- Experience safely overseeing, operating, and maintaining equipment
- Utilities area experience to include (Recovery Boilers, Evaporators, and Recaust)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five years or more of experience leading a manufacturing process and a team of direct reports
- Experience with Kraft recovery liquor cycle
- Experience with Bleaching process
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Project
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Pulp and Paper experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf