Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies - Production Technician
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
We are seeking a Production Technician who is very detail-oriented and has a strong aptitude for precision hands-on work. You will be part of a team that produces state-of-the-art electric motors, gearboxes, and actuators for robotics and automation applications. You work may entail final assembly, subassembly, and some pre-work of electrical and mechanical components. Good communication skills and a desire to add value in a high-calibre team of professionals are also a must for this position. In addition, the Production Technician must have a high level of interest to learn, and achieve goals and career growth in the company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Follow health and safety standards.
- Maintain a clean workstation and production floor.
- Assemble products and parts by following production guidelines and specifications while meeting production targets.
- Finalize and package products for shipment.
- Participate in problem solving and improvement activities.
- Operate and maintain machinery and production line equipment.
- Monitor the assembly line and remove faulty products.
- Report any issues to the supervisor on duty. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience performing electromechanical, electrical, and/or mechanical assemblies.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED.
- Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Able to perform manual tasks requiring dexterity and coordination.
- Work well under minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal English.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience in the manufacturing of actuators, motors, or gearboxes.
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg