Georgia-Pacific’s Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS) organization ensures that the company's mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips to sustain its tissue, packaging, paper and building products manufacturing operations. W&FS operates in some 15 U.S. states, and sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional or individual landowners.
We are seeking a Procurement Forester to support the Albany Georgia Lumber Facility along with the Cedar Springs Paper Mill. The position will be based in the Southwest Georgia area where both mills are located. This position will be responsible for working with timber harvesters and forest landowners to acquire logs and pulpwood for the Albany Lumber and Cedar Springs Paper Operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implementing sourcing and pricing strategies pertaining to the procurement of wood and fiber for the manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluating wood purchasing opportunities using analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Working to build strong business relationships within operating areas
- Assisting to drive process improvements and presenting innovative solutions to recurring issues
- Ensuring all transactions are properly documented and distributed
- Working in conjunction with W&FS team to monitor and manage all levels of raw material acquisition to include: Administrative, Capital Employed, Transportation, inventories and Wood Cost
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Actively representing Wood & Fiber Supply and the facility operations on local and regional sourcing initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Wood Procurement Experience
- Advanced degree: MBA, MFR, or similar degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf