JOURNEYMAN MECHANIC PIPEFITTER
Journeyman Mechanic Pipefitter
Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Journey Mechanic Pipefitter in Toledo, OR. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity, and we are very interested in learning more about you!
The Journeyman Mechanic Pipefitter position starts out with a pay of $36.31 per hour with a raise to $37.90 per hour after 120-day probationary period with completion of multi-craft training or demonstrated multi-craft skills. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday scheduled with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required. You will be required to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed. You will be required to provide your own metric and standard tools.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordinating labor, parts, materials, tools, and equipment access
- Accurately following blueprints, technical and mechanical drawings, Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's) and schematics and schedules for machine installations or rebuilds that involve proprietary technology
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Troubleshooting, installing, performing routine repairs, and setup for equipment and components in all areas of the facility
- Working within a flex-trade, industrial/manufacturing environment to complete tasks and utilizing skills to handle multiple tasks
- Effectively operating welding equipment to install, maintain, and fabricate industrial piping systems, such as process piping, process steam, steam heating, hot water heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems, to include but not limited to controls, pumps, and cylinders
- Operating material handling equipment, including hoists, lifts, rigging equipment, cranes, and lift trucks to complete mechanical installation and service of piping system equipment which may include repetitively lifting up to 50lbs
- Working within a team environment; communicating with all levels of the organization which may include other maintenance employees, engineers, technicians, and/or outside contractors
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or G E D
- Experience or schooling in one or more of the following:
- Four (4) years Journey level experience as a maintenance Pipefitter/Welder in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Completion of a State Certified Apprenticeship Program
- Combination of pipefitter/welder industrial/manufacturing experience with completion of a Trade School certificate and/or degree
- Three (3) years' experience in pipe fitting and welding, i.e.; laying out of pipe run, stainless steel welding, carbon steel welding, stick welding, tig, mig, arc, etc
What Will Put You Ahead
- Maintenance experience in a paper/manufacturing environment
- Four (4) years or more of industrial maintenance experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf