KBX Logistics is seeking a Logistics Specialist for our Building Products Transportation and Logistics team at the Atlanta, Georgia location. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with diverse customers. This position reports to the Logistics Operations Manager.
A successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Exhibit strong problem solving, and decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple priorities and perform under pressure
- Ability to interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization and market
- Excellent communication skills
- Display a sense of urgency and a strong customer focus
- Work well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the daily tendering of inbound/outbound shipments for selected mill facilities and suppliers.
- Manage procurement process by implementing and executing strategic initiatives.
- Monitor carrier performance standards based on cost, service requirements and overall value.
- Respond frequently to internal and external customer demand and ensure satisfaction.
- Utilize transportation management systems to execute procurement process.
- Resolve truck operations issues at the business unit level (late loads, missed loads, loading time conflicts, appointment scheduling).
- Identify potential problems and prevent them from becoming long-term issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1+ years experience working in a transportation or logistics position
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Transportation.
- Internship in transportation/supply chain
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf