Paper Mill - Shift Performance Coach (Shift Leader)
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division in Pennington, AL is seeking qualified professionals to be considered for a Shift Performance Coach (Shift Leader) in the Paper Mill area. This position will play an intricate part in the leadership and development of a large group of hourly production employees that help to produce our quality product in a safe and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, self-directed person with a strong desire to excel in a leadership role; possess good interpersonal skills; motivate teams by influencing and building partnerships to meet or exceed expectations at all times; and have strong communication, planning, and organizational skills. They will act as a positive change agent for continued development and improvement within a Market-Based Management culture.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure safety compliance, manufacturing excellence, and customer focus for the individual’s team in area of responsibility
- Focus on safety, quality, reliability, knowledge & skills development, production, cost, and housekeeping
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions and acts - Recognize positive safety performance as well as individual and team contributions to a safer workplace
- Encourage operators to participate in small maintenance activities
- Lead operational and shift maintenance initiatives to achieve maximum asset capability for speed, uptime, and reliability
- Plan and direct work for hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback on an on-going basis; hold employees accountable in a fair and consistent manner; communicate issues and results on a daily basis to crew members
- Engage with other Shift Performance Coaches in the mill on a daily basis to discuss problems that have an impact on the performance in other operating areas
- Collectively prioritize mill resources based on criticality of assets and the work needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility over a large group of employees within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook & Excel
- Must work rotating shifts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a Pulp & Paper production environment
- Experience with Kronos
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf