Process Control Engineer
The Olefins and Polymers Automation Engineer will primarily support a UNIPOL Polypropylene unit in Longview, TX with additional opportunities within the Olefins and Polymers business and the broader Flint Hills Resources organization. This role will support day-to-day responsibilities for the facility, controls projects/initiatives, and support capital projects. This role can sit in Houston or Longview, TX. If Houston-based, travel will be 30%. If Longview-based, travel will be ~15%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Olefins and Polymers Automation Engineer will be responsible for driving implementation and vision for Process Controls at the Longview Polymer facility. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Champion and implement the FHR Process Control Vision in an interactive team environment
- Support site regulatory controls improvements to improve console operator success
- Support APC and Procedural Automation/State Based Controls as they are implemented
- Provide technical and financial oversite of contract resources when required
- Act as a SME for DeltaV DCS
- Participate in larger FHR and Koch Industries community of practices in these areas and integrate their work into the sites
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering AND a minimum of 5 years of chemicals / refining / polymer experience OR 10 years of chemicals / refining / polymer experience
- Experience in Emerson DeltaV controls system configuration
- Ability to travel up to 30% based on location
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with sequence control/state-based automation in DeltaV
- APC experience in Aspen Technology DMC3 platform
- Triconex Experience
- Polymer technology experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf