Senior GIS/Remote Sensing Analyst
Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS), LLC is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior GIS/Remote Sensing Analyst for the Wood and Fiber Supply division at its headquarters in Atlanta, Ga. The Senior GIS/Remote Sensing Analyst will Identify and develop analytical solutions to present data to users through visualization techniques and tools.
This role will Analyze complex geospatial data sets, develop key raster datasets and make recommendations to leaders and stakeholders.
This position will be part of the Wood and Fiber divisional analytics team. It will interact with region analysts, managers and executive leadership. A successful candidate will be a self-starting individual that demonstrates innovation and a sense of urgency towards evaluating business opportunities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Aggregate and analyze data using statistical software packages and spatial analysis tools in ArcGIS.
- Use remote sensing tools and software to develop and analyze raster datasets with an emphasis on vegetation and forest classification, change detection and climate monitoring.
- Utilize ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS portal to develop web maps and applications.
- Working with a team to develop innovative solutions to business problems using the latest analytic tools and software
- Learning and understanding the Georgia-Pacific Wood & Fiber Supply commodity trading business
- Driving collaborative discussions across the regions to gain and share knowledge and identify innovation opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years of GIS and Remote Sensing experience in a professional environment
- Experience developing raster datasets using satellite imagery
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online (Portal)
- Experience developing custom geoprocessing scripts and tools in the ESRI environment
- Experience working in relational databases (SQL Server)
- Experience using scripting tools such as Python and ArcPy
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operational knowledge and experience within the forest industry
- Knowledge on raster processing automation using python
- Experience developing vegetation and forest cover raster datasets
- Experience with Advanced Raster Processing using ArcGIS, ENVI or similar software
- Understanding of forest and natural resource datasets including FIA, NLCD, GAP, and Others
- Experience interpreting, analyzing and automating the processing of satellite imagery (LANDSAT, MODIS, Sentinel, etc.) into raster products
- Experience using AWS and other cloud infrastructures as part of a raster processing workflow
- Experience with ArcGIS online/Portal Widget and geoprocessing service development
- Knowledge of open source using a combination of raster read/write library such as RasterIO, GDAL, or similar, and computation libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, GeoPandas, etc
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf