Talent Coordination Supervisor
We are looking for a Supervisor to lead our Talent Operations Coordination team that supports internal and external talent through the recruiting processes for the Koch companies. This supervisor will be leading 6-9 coordinators.
This role will lead a team that supports hiring across all of the Koch businesses (Koch Industries, Molex, Guardian Industries, Georgia-Pacific, INVISTA, etc.). We are open to nationwide remote candidates but have preference for this role to sit in Wichita, Detroit, Atlanta, or Chicago.
The Supervisor role will be broken down into the following key aspects:
- Development/management of the coordination team (direct reports in the United States)
- Coordination strategy (transforming current programs/processes, applying new technologies and automation, etc.)
- Driving accountability and service delivery within the Talent Solutions leveraged capability
This role is not eligible to be worked remotely from Colorado.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Effectively lead the talent operations coordination team, creating a positive team environment and provide ongoing guidance and career development opportunities. Provide continuous performance feedback, coaching, training, and support to ensure the team is successful
- Ensure team is connected to the overall Vision of how we create value for the enterprise as well as their understanding and application of Market Based Management®
- Create and drive a “best in class” experience for customers (recruiters, business partners and internal and external candidates)
- Ensure support is delivered in line with agreed upon targets; compliance controls, procedures, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Consistently focus on innovation and opportunities for optimization and create an environment for the team to innovate
- Partner with customers, including providing feedback and sharing knowledge to improve quality, overall response time and accuracy
- Prioritization of work for the team, coordination and scheduling activities, performance evaluations, goal setting, etc.
- Participate in the selection strategy across the talent organization to ensure we are selecting and retaining talent that is aligned with Koch culture and meets knowledge and skill requirements.
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships with our leadership teams, hiring managers, and key cross-functional stakeholders internally by listening, having empathy, and operating as a valued business partner.
The Experience You Will Bring
Experience with relationship management/service delivery, specifically cultivating and maintaining strong strategic partnerships with key customers
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience
- Some work experiences that may translate well into this type of role could be Project Management, Marketing, Sales, IT, HR, Accounting, Finance, etc.
- Experience as a subject matter expert, advising customers and influencing decisions that lead to improved business outcomes
- Experience leading work streams, projects, and initiatives (fast-paced, matrixed environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities)
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as needed (would be domestic travel as needed)
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience in hiring/recruiting (experience could be as a hiring supervisor, interviewer, recruiter, connection/volunteer network member, etc.)
- Experience building, coaching, and developing/managing teams. Advanced people leadership skills/experience. Experience as a people leader at a Koch company and experience with remote teams and understanding global cultures is a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf