Projects Quality Inspector
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC has an immediate opening for a Project Quality Inspector at a client site in Orange, TX.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Relocation Assistance will not be provided.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform quality control functions on KSPS projects, including the development and execution of field inspection plans
- Implementation and maintenance of flange and weld tracking logs and mapping
- Material receiving and inspection
- Requesting, scheduling and oversight of third party NDE contractors
- Monitoring and inspection of field welds for conformance with the WPS and project Specifications
- Ownership of project quality documents, NCR’s and RFI’s
- Interaction with KSPS / JZTK engineering, client, and third-party authorized inspectors
- Identify, and implement Clients quality deliverables project quality execution
- Provide technical experience and mentoring to all team members
- Track and maintain KPI’s and provide weekly report
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI is preferred) or API 510 / 570 is also accepted per Client approval.
- 15+ Years in petrochemical or Oil & Gas construction experience including a minimum of 5+ years experience performing in a quality role
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Proficient with marking up of PDF drawings/documents is a must
- 5+ years of experience with Non-destructive examination and welding methods
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with flange tracking, inspection and assembly of bolted connections
- Project package management through completion and turnover.
- Pre-commissioning / Commissioning and start up experience.
- Familiarity with ASME/AWS/ACI codes and specifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to thirteen hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations in all weather and temperature ranges
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces, be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds and working at heights
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams may be required per client guidelines. Hearing and vision within normal ranges may also be required per client requirements
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test (and fit test if required)
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf