Demand Planning Manager
Guardian Industries is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and automotive markets. Guardian is at the forefront of innovation, including development of high-performance glass coatings and other advanced products.
Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for risk-takers and results-oriented individuals and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for a Demand Manager who will thrive in this culture. This position will be located at our Auburn Hills, MI facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- As a Demand Manager for our glass business, you will be responsible for creating the best estimate of future demand volumes for the business to plan to and measure against the AOP (Annual Operating Plan) in product volume and value
- The demand management process generates an unconstrained demand forecast via analysis of statistical modelling, sales and marketing forecast, application of market intelligence, site to site requirements/sales orders and other internal / external factors
- Develop consensus forecast incorporating market intelligence through our outside sales, product management, and regional sales management teams
- Manages a regular forecasting process at both the detail and aggregated level and performs a monthly demand validation with Sales Management.
- Ensures data integrity and quality by reviewing data, identifying unusual occurrences, seeking explanations and assisting in developing corrections to prevent reoccurrences
- Responsible for reporting forecast accuracy
- Provides business leaders with observations of forecast directions
- Identifies product or market trends
- Establishes and maintains forecast performance measurement and evaluation
- Coordinates with business leaders to ensure the forecasting process is finalized to meet the information timetable for S&OP
- Monitor new product launches work with marketing and product managers to ensure forecasting is determined and inputted into the forecast system and appropriate plans are in place to stock these products in working with supply chain
- Work closely with supply chain to provide information pertaining to North America’s excess demand and put together a plan on how to service the needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Supply Chain
- Experience with a Supply chain planning software
- Experience in Demand planning or Forecasting
- Advanced understanding of production planning
- Proven ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams such as Sales, Plant Managers, customer account Managers
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment
- Understanding of priorities, constraints, and problem escalation
- Ability to deal with change and conflicts; critical thinker
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Must be able to function in a deadline driven environment Detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with the supply chain planning software Kinaxis
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf