When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
The FP&A Manager, based in Auburn Hills, MI, is a strategic member of the finance leadership team and provides our plant managers and operations team with data, analysis, and guidance to improve plant operational and financial performance. They report directly to the Regional FP&A Manager with strong alignment between the Plant Manager and the plant management team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Positively influences business outcomes by driving actions, behaviors and decisions aligned with our MBM Principles including but not limited to; principled entrepreneurship, preferred partnerships and transformation
- Takes ownership of improving the financial literacy/business acumen of the operations team by understanding the competitive landscape and having knowledge of various business models to properly challenge decision making
- Works together with the plant leadership to drive process improvement and lean manufacturing concepts that will reduce costs and improve performance.
- Ability to grasp new concepts, acquire new ways of seeing things, revise ways of thinking and adapt to changing environments.
- Evaluates alternative financial scenarios and results through data collection and predictive analysis
- Generates statistical models that can capture and quantify risk and opportunities
- Coordinates and leads annual operating plan for location using the best identified method. Includes preparing files for consolidation and completing year-over-year analysis and reporting
- Updates financial forecasts on a monthly basis
- Proactively identifies manufacturing cost trends and probabilities that impact the business and financial results.
- Provides project-based support and ad-hoc analysis as required by local and regional leadership teams
- Supports capital investment project development – provides relevant economic analysis to help prioritize projects according to their economic value creation
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and corporate policies/procedures in order to provide consistent financial reporting and to protect company assets
- Provides oversight and leadership for plant inventory cycle audits and fixed asset audits
- Partners with regional cost accounting lead to validate cost model assumptions to ensure accurate inventory values and customer/product profitability for decision making
- Travel up to 25%
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- 5+ Years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting financial and operational data in individual and group settings
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Strong systems/process knowledge and skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective personal influence approach, strong emotional intelligence, intellectual honesty and curiosity
- Experience in general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and cost accounting
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Professional Certification preferred (CPA or CMA)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf