Senior Mechanical Engineer - Product Development
Molex is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer - Product Development to design, model, analyze, and characterize high-speed connectors, cables, and systems in our Copper Solutions IO enterprise team. In this role you will provide technical expertise in connectors and cable design and development for data storage systems and telecommunications. This is a dynamic group of highly skilled engineers that will provide an opportunity for constant learning and innovation. This role will be leading projects and designing new products that will make an impact on our customers and their products. The successful applicant will have the ability to appropriately plan and see assignments through to completion with minimal direction; develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans; accurately quote design, tools/equipment, and parts; and systematically solve problems of complex scope.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design and develop new interconnect products, including high speed connectors, connector cable assemblies, and miscellaneous related mechanical hardware for datacom and telecom applications such as hubs, servers, switches, routers, HBA servers, and RAIDS.
- Work with marketing and external customers to help define new project opportunities and strategize on overall design.
- Support application and interface of Molex products to customer systems.
- Lead new product development, debug, release, and validate product design.
- Perform engineering analyses and tests and submit product for screen and qualification testing in the reliability lab.
- Provide technical support to consolidate inputs from Marketing, customers, and external consultants into product concepts and detailed requirements.
- Present concepts and detailed requirements internally and to customers to obtain support for development of major new products.
- Follow all product development steps from concept inception, refinement of detailed product design, supply tooling group models and drawings for quoting and tool build.
- Work with component suppliers to ensure product function, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Responsible for follow-up, documentation, publishing, and expediting all action items of a new product program.
- Prepare and complete all relevant engineering documentation and engineering change requests (ECRs) per document control procedures.
- Interface with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, reliability lab, and marketing), and external suppliers to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assist by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years design and product development experience
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Experience with Tolerance Analyses
- Experience with advanced parametric 3D CAD systems
- Experience with product development for electronics industries
- Design experience with products manufactured using the following processes: progressive die stamping, injection molding, and insert molding
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Siemens NX experience
- Design experience with high speed, high density connectors, cable assemblies, and interconnect products
- Design experience with products manufactured utilizing electroplating and automated assembly
- Knowledge of regulatory agency testing requirements (e.g., UL/CSA, NEBS, EMC/EMI requirements)
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of Six Sigma quality development tools and principles (DOE, FMEA, etc.)
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf