Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
We are presently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to be responsible for driving compliance with all relevant EH&S regulations in an effective and conscientious manner. The EH&S Specialist reports to the Facilities and Maintenance Manager and will partner with the site Leadership Team to drive forward the principles, values, and stated policies.This position, with support from local staff and EH&S regional teams, provides the technical knowledge and expertise needed to maintain and safe and productive workplace.
The ideal candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence and quality. Will also possess strong interpersonal communication and technical skills as well as being capable of leading transformation initiatives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage compliance with existing and emerging EH&S regulations.
- Partner with operations to understand potential safety and environmental hazards and take steps to reduce and/or mitigate risks.
- Develop site specific EHS programs, policies, procedures, and associated training materials.
- Complete environmental permits, reports, forms, and surveys as required by regulation and/or company policy and procedures, and submit them on a timely basis and in a professional manner
- Responsible for appropriate, effective, and timely distribution of all required safety and environmental training programs for the facility and may include performance of training
- Responsible for compliance with various governmental record-keeping requirements, as well as, company metrics, and effectively communicates results to corporate and site management
- Assure coordinated case management for all work-related injuries/illnesses and near misses and communicate results to plant leadership
- Drive EH&S excellence by developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems based on company and industry best practices. Develop both short and long-term solutions to build more effective programs.
- Actively promoting the Guiding Principles and MBM® culture across the organization with a primary focus on compliance, hazard awareness, incident prevention, risk management, open communication, and knowledge sharing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in safety, health, environmental sciences, or related degree, OR four years of experience in EHS.
- 2+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing/industrial facility
- Experience with permitting and reporting
- Experience with building & facilitating training programs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) or ASP (Associated Safety Professional)
- Experience with ISO 14001 and/or ISO 45001
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf