Are you motivated, safety-oriented and looking for a change? Then, look no further, Georgia-Pacific is looking for someone like you!
At Georgia-Pacific, innovation is a capability we embrace, and it is a constant pathway to new ideas and products for our customers. Our goal is to apply our capabilities to continually renew or replace our products to create more value for our customers and society.
Chemical facility is seeking motivated individuals to join our manufacturing team as Operators and grow with the Company.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Chemical division please visit: www.gp-chemicals.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Loading and unloading raw materials and finished goods in accordance with customer and chemical specifications
- Training and skill development to advance in production, learning to operate and monitor chemical reaction process to manufacture polymer resins, industrial chemicals and raw materials
- Monitoring equipment and performing minor troubleshooting to ensure optimal production and minimal downtime
- Using a computer to document data such as work orders, shipping and receiving information and manufacturing processes
- Working in outside weather conditions as well as in an industrial environment, at heights and in confined spaces
- Working safely in a team and/or individual setting, adhering to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures. Wearing the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE), e.g.; hard hats, safety glasses, face shield (include facial hair guidelines for respirator usage), chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for an 8-12 hour rotating shift schedule
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of more experience in an industrial, warehouse, military, farming, construction, mechanical or production environment
- Experience using a computer or table
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in the chemical or refinery industries
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: