This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Technician for our corrugated box facility in Olympia, Washington. GP is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We offer opportunity to advance in skillset and compensation, and starting pay for this role is over $27/hr.! We offer competitive benefits and perks: 401k match, health insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a free Employee Assistance Program.
This facility utilizes a Corrugator and has an array of modern finishing equipment, including Flexos and Die Cutters. We manufacture corrugated sheets from linerboard and medium and then cut, print, and fold these sheets to produce top-quality corrugated packaging solutions for our customers. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible to assist in the creation of reliability by making sound judgment on repairs and ensuring precision installation on all tasks.
What you will do in your role:
- Stewardship of safety programs, Continuous Improvement initiatives, and High performance on a day-to-day business.
- Use tools, skills, and employees to analyze repairs and make quality repairs on unfamiliar tasks.
- Foster and develop a culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) philosophy
- Demonstrate strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the industrial manufacturing process
- Prioritize work based on the plan and schedule delegated to you each day.
- Collaborate across roles, gather & share feedback to foster continuous improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete all tasks regarding quality, safety, compliance, and workload.
- Communicate as needed when details and priorities are unknown. Utilize operations, co workers and superiors for information when needed.
- Job planning, parts preparation/ordering, hands on work with the following - electrical, pumps, gears, bearings, welding, rotating equipment, diagnostic software programs and more.
The Required Experience / Skillset You Will Bring:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a 2-year technical trade school or at least 3 years of Manufacturing or Industrial Maintenance experience. Preferably in the Electrical, Instrumentation or Process Controls and with some experience in mechanical skills.
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and PC-based production and maintenance reporting systems applications
- Experience reading mechanical, structural, and electrical drawings.
- Willing and able to work a flexible work schedule and work on-call/call-in hours for maintenance issues and over time / nights and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of basic electrical systems and having the field experience to perform safe work on energized parts.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associates degree in technical fields such as electrical, mechanical, or similar trades. Any 4-year engineering degree in related fields.
- Experience as a lead or foreman in the maintenance organization.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or higher.
- Experience with CMMS computer-based maintenance reporting system.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, 50v-600v electrical systems, low voltage circuits, ladder logic and associated instrumentation.
- Knowledge of NFPA70 Arch flash requirements.
- Basic project planning, parts acquisition, and field execution.
- Experience in planning and performing mechanical work on pumps, gears, bearings, fabrication and industrial maintenance.
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability and Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To find out more about our Packaging facilities, please go to www.gppackaging.com.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.