Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Does working in a positive, team-oriented environment motivate you? If so, check out what we have to offer! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a highly motivated self-starters to be a part of our GP-Building Products (Plant roles) in McQueeney, TX as a Production Operator. This is a great opportunity to utilize and build on your skills with a growing organization! This entry level role will work a 12-hour rotating schedule. Pay for this position is $20.00 per hour with a $1500 sign on bonus!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work on a production line operating machinery to expected performance levels
- Collaborate with the team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Enter computer data to maintain accurate records of production
- Ensure that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment as needed
- Performing various basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Clean work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling
- Work in industrial environment that may be hot, humid, cold, and noisy
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Work 8 and 12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year of continuous work history
- At least six (6) months of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, production, farming, or distribution environment
- Ability to meet the physical and safety requirements of the position
- Ability to work the shift requirements of the position to include swing shifts, days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Ability to work in an industrial environment as described
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one (1) year of experience operating a forklift or heavy equipment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf