ELECTRO MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $2500 SIGN ON BONUS!
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Batavia, NY is looking for a motivated, maintenance professional to join our team as a Electro Mechanical Technician. This position requires an individual to proactively troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
This role is a 2nd shift position (3:00pm-11:00pm) with overtime and weekend work possible.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and installing mechanical and electrical equipment in compliance with all plant policies and procedures
- Working with machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, pneumatic & hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production line equipment
- 6+ months experience utilizing Microsoft Office products (word, excel, outlook, etc..) in a work environment
- Reading diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications for installations
- Using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments
- Willing and able to work 2nd shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to provide your own metric and standard tools, e.g.; socket and wrench sets, and Allen T-handles
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years or more of electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment OR associates degree in electrical maintenance or similar
- Experience troubleshooting A/C and D/C motors
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs (programmable logic controls)
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with welding and minor fabrication
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf