Rotating Equipment Engineer
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer to join the Operations Excellence team in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will work closely with the operations, maintenance and project organizations for multiple production facilities in North America and is responsible for all aspects of the asset life cycle for rotating equipment. This role is part of the Operations Excellence group and will identify and implement projects to reduce unplanned events and improve rotating equipment reliability.
This position includes up to 50% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and implement failure mode based reliability strategies for critical rotating equipment using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) philosophy; standards for predictive/preventative maintenance; and sound, long-term life cycle economics
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to develop and adjust reliability programs which will obtain lowest life cycle cost of equipment
- Recommend and champion solutions as appropriate to maximize energy efficiency, system availability, and achieve lowest cost of operation
- Conduct periodic assessments of the health and integrity of the rotating equipment at the production facilities to maximize asset reliability and production availability
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to determine root cause failure analysis (RCFA) of equipment failures and performance evaluations of rotating equipment and supporting systems
- Work closely with production, maintenance and service teams to understand failure modes and effects and develop mitigation plans; prioritize and develop action plans for our reliability-centered maintenance system
- Ensure that systems and resources are in place for the inspection, restoration, quality assurance and testing of systems in accordance with regulations and best practices
- Provide technical support in project development, turnaround scope identification, QA/QC, installation, commissioning, start-up and work activities on all rotating equipment upgrades, repairs, and new installations
- Develop internal and external resources and capabilities, and arrange for specialized contractors and consultants to assist with improving the reliability of rotating equipment
- Develop, mentor, and provide direction to team members in reliability tools and rotating equipment best practices to improve skills for troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment and machinery failures
- Lead and mentor employees to apply Market Based Management (MBM) in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles and MBM Framework
- Apply Company’s engineering practices; ensure the practices are used, remain relevant, and keep the business competitive
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six years or more of engineering work experience in an industrial setting working with highspeed rotating equipment
- Working knowledge of API and other applicable industry standards for rotating equipment, design and maintenance
- Understanding of engineering documents associated with rotating equipment (P&IDs, schematics, pumps and compressor curves, etc.)
- Ability to assess rotating equipment system performance to develop and implement recommendations for improvements
- Experience with Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methodologies and application to problem solving
- Experience with predictive and preventative (e.g., vibration/condition monitoring, thermography, ultrasonic, and other testing methods to determine asset health condition)
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and work processes for maintaining and repairing assets
- Experience specifying, applying in designs, test witnessing and troubleshooting the entire spectrum of rotating equipment including steam turbines, compressors, expanders, fans, etc.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to climb ladders, lifting 35lbs occasionally, ability to occasionally work nights or weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Eight years or more of experience in Rotating Equipment Maintenance
- Experience in application of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Experience with MAXIMO CMMS
- Basic financial analysis skills for opportunity evaluation and marginal analysis
- Project management or project engineering experience
Follow KAES on LinkedIn
Who are we? Watch to find out! WE ARE KOCH
To learn more about Koch Ag & Energy Solutions visit us at: http://www.kochagenergy.com/
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC and its subsidiaries own or have interests in nitrogen fertilizer plants in the United States, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago. The companies cover global demand through terminals in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, France and the United Kingdom. Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC and its subsidiaries; including Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC and Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC; have the capability to market and distribute more than 13 million metric tons of fertilizer products annually.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf